CPL 2020 Betting in India
Here at Thetopbookies, our aim is to provide you with the very best information for betting on cricket from India. We know that there is a lot of choices out there when it comes to deciding which bookmakers to use for major global sports events such as the CPL 2020.
The Caribbean Premier League is one of the world's top Twenty20 leagues with the 2020 Season scheduled to start on 18th August. So, it is natural there is going to be a lot of interest in the event across India and in other cricket-loving nations. But how do you know which are the best CPL betting sites to use for this year's tournament? After all, a lot of the sports betting sites out there do seem to be very similar. Well, this is where we come in here at Thetopbookies. We look into all the best CPL cricket betting sites to help you to decide which sites you should be using for the tournament.
How we review the sites to choose the best:
- CPL odds offered
- Bonuses & promotions for CPL
- Payment methods for India players
The Best CPL 2020 Online Betting Sites in India
If you are looking forward to CPL 2020, you are probably wondering where the best place to put on bets for the matches is. Well, we have carried out lots of thorough research in order to come up with the top 3 sites for CPL 2020 online betting.
Indian players should, therefore, consider signing up at 10CRIC, Betway and Betwinner in the coming days, before CPL 2020 gets up and running. These are the best CPL 2020 bookmakers that are available to use for cricket fans in India right now, there is no doubt about that. While there are other CPL 2020 betting sites that can be used when betting in rupees, we are certain that 10CRIC, Betway and Betwinner are the top options to pick from.
From 36 million viewers in 2013, the CPL viewership has grown to 134 million viewers in 2016 and it breached the 200 Million mark for the first time in 2018. CPL got a sixth successive year of increased viewership. CPL continues to showcase the best Caribbean cricket, and the 2019 season will carry on this upwards trajectory without a qualm.
10CRIC CPL 2020 Offer
The first of the three CPL 2020 betting sites that we are recommending is 10CRIC. This bookmaker - which is already a popular choice among Indian betting fans - has close links with the CPL so it is not a surprise it is one of the best bookies around for this cricket tournament. 10CRIC was the official betting partner for the CPL 2019 edition.
The 10CRIC offer that is available to Indian users is one of the best around, with thousands of rupees worth of bonuses given out, so anyone looking for a great deal should definitely be considering signing up for an account here. At 10CRIC, CPL 2020 will be better than ever, so go and join this excellent, top-rated bookmaker right now!
Betway CPL 2020 Offer
Indian cricket fans who want to bet on some CPL 2020 games through their mobile should sign up with Betway right now - their platform for mobile bets is award-winning and simple to use. While Betway CPL 2020 odds will be the first port of call for sports lovers, an account with this bookmaker comes with access to lots of other betting options.
Slots, blackjack, roulette and baccarat are among the casino games that can be played at Betway. And the Betway offer for CPL 2020 is very appealing too, so this bookmaker definitely ticks a lot of the boxes needed.
BetWinner CPL 2020 Offer
Last but not least, Betwinner makes our list of the best Indian bookmakers for CPL 2020. Betwinner CPL 2020 odds are likely to be some of the best around as this bookmaker is known for providing good value when it comes to sports markets.
A Betwinner offer for CPL 2020 is also on the cards, so those who love offers and promotions will feel right at home here too. With plenty of different bet types to pick from for CPL 2020 matches, a Betwinner account really is a must for Indian cricket fans who are excited about the start of this year's tournament.
CPL 2020 Betting Tips & Predictions
Betting on the CPL is very popular among cricket fans from all over the world. The action tends to be fast and furious, while the presence of some of the planet's top talents ensures the matches are all going to be worth watching. For CPL betting, it is possible to win real money by signing up for an account with one of the India betting sites we recommend for betting with rupees. Each of the bookies we think are worth joining for CPL betting has been carefully reviewed.
Of course, betting with real money is available for the CPL - as with all of the world's top Twenty20 leagues - and we offer expert cricket betting predictions for all the games. This gives you an idea of what you should be thinking of backing when you log in to the account you have created for CPL betting. With plenty of options in the CPL betting markets for those betting with rupees, our tips could prove to be invaluable.
CPL 2020 Preview
With time running out for CPL 2020 teams to prepare for the first match of the tournament, cricket fans will be looking forward to the action getting underway on August 18, with the final set to be played less than a month later.
Last year's event saw some of the best CPL games yet, with Brandon King the top scorer in the tournament, narrowly missing out on reaching 500 runs. In terms of consistency, the Trinbago Knight Riders star Lendl Simmons also had a great tournament, passing the 50 mark in five of his 11 innings at CPL 2019. Chris Gayle hit a typically thrilling century for the Jamaica Tallawahs, but the West Indies legend will not be back for CPL 2020 having elected not to play in the competition due to personal reasons.
While Gayle's absence will be a shame, there are plenty of reasons to tune in to CPL 2020 matches. The June draft saw players such as Mohammad Nabi, Sandeep Lamichhane and Ben Dunk handed big contracts, with the trio among the key players to keep an eye on at CPL 2020. Chris Lynn, the explosive Australia opener, was signed by St Kitts & Nevis Patriots where he will be teaming up with compatriot Dunk, who is one of the global T20 scene's rising stars.
Some big names will not be heading to CPL 2020, though, with ex-Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi among the stars who were not sold in the draft. England's World Cup-winning skipper Eoin Morgan did not get a deal either. T20 specialists like Asif Ali and Sohail Tanvir have been snapped up, however, while teenager Noor Ahmad and veteran Pravin Tambe will be among the most interesting newcomers to play in CPL 2020.
CPL 2020 Teams
CPL 2020 will be contested by the same six teams from a year ago, with the build-up to this year's tournament having been affected by the coronavirus crisis. The draft for the competition had to be held virtually but excitement is still building for the start of the CPL 2020 action.
Holders Barbados Tridents are again expected to be the contenders, having beaten Guyana Amazon Warriors fairly comfortably in last year's final, though Trinbago Knight Riders are up there in the betting odds too. Of the half-dozen CPL 2020 teams, those expected to struggle to get positive results to include the St Lucia Zouks and last year's bottom side the Jamaica Tallawahs.
It should be competitive, though the famous CPL atmosphere will be missing as all the matches are set to be played behind closed doors. The three-time champions Trinbago Knight Riders will be among the first CPL 2020 teams to feel bat on ball as they open the tournament in what should be a thrilling clash with Guyana Amazon Warriors.
Barbados Tridents (BT) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Winners
- Key Players: Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Ashley Nurse, Harry Gurney
- Players in: Rashid Khan, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Hales, Kyle Mayers, Nyeem Young, Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Players out: Asif Ali, Wahab Riaz, Sandeep Lamichhane, Imad Wasim, Chemar Holder, Leniko Boucher, Roshon Primus, Josh Lalor, JP Duminy, Dan Christian, Shakib Al Hasan, Phil Salt
- Final playing 11: Hales, Hope, Holder, Khan, Stoinis, Gurney, Charles, Nurse, Gurbaz, Reifer, Walsh Jr.
- CPL Odds: 4.50 >> Bet 1000 INR, win 4500 INR if Barbados Tridents are crowned Champions for the second year in a row.
Barbados Tridents will look to defend the title they won last year when they defeated Guyana Amazon Warriors in the final. JP Duminy, Dan Christian and Shakib Al Hasan are among the players missing from that triumphant squad, but Jason Holder returns as captain. The Tridents have also added the transcendental talent of Rashid Khan, who becomes one of the tournament's top stars, with Rahmanullah Gurbaz also a fine signing.
While they are not favourites in the betting for the CPL 2020, the Barbados Tridents are undoubtedly going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Alex Hales and Shai Hope are among those who will need to step up, with both players failing to reach 50 at all last year. Johnson Charles, meanwhile, contributed a trio of half-centuries a year ago and will be looking to build on that positive momentum in this year's competition.
On the bowling front, Harry Gurney was an economical menace in 2019 - he will again be tough for CPL batsmen. Hayden Walsh Jr. was the Player of the Year at the 2019 CPL and he also returns for the Barbados Tridents.
Guyana Amazon Warriors (GAW) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Beaten finalists
- Key Players: Imran Tahir, Ross Taylor, Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer
- Players in: Ross Taylor, Naveen-ul-Haq, Qais Ahmad, Kevin Sinclair, Ashmeade Nedd, Jasdeep Singh
- Players out: Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan, Ben Laughlin, Sherfane Rutherford, Keagan Simmons, Veerasammy Permaul, Clinton Pestano, Saurabh Netravalkar
- Final playing 11: Tahir, Taylor, Pooran, Hetmyer, King, Green, Shepherd, Hemraj, Paul, Rutherford, Bramble
- CPL Odds: 3.75 >> Bet 1000 INR and win 3,750 INR should GAW win the CPL 2020 edition
Guyana Amazon Warriors had a perfect record at the 2019 CPL of 10 wins out of 10 but they came unstuck in the final, where they lost by 27 runs to the Barbados Tridents. Their aim for the 2020 event is, therefore, simple - go one step further. Having been runners-up at five of the seven CPL tournaments, there is no doubt the Guyana Amazon Warriors have the talent, but mentality could be their main hurdle.
Imran Tahir took 16 wickets last year and the veteran South African will likely be among the most dangerous bowlers again this time out. The Guyana Amazon Warriors will have to cope without last year's captain, however, with Shoaib Malik among their 2019 stars who will not be back this time around. Brandon King was just shy of 500 runs last year with his 132 not out arguably the best knock of the tournament, so he will be a major threat for the Guyana Amazon Warriors, who are among the favourites to win the 2020 CPL.
Jamaica Tallawahs (JT) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Sixth
- Key Players: Carlos Brathwaite, Glenn Phillips, Andre Russell, Oshane Thomas
- Players in: Carlos Brathwaite, Sandeep Lamichhane, Tabraiz Shamsi, Asif Ali, Fidel Edwards, Preston McSween, Andre McCarthy, Nicholas Kirton, Jeavor Royal, Nkrumah Bonner, Veerasammy Permaul, Ryan Persaud
- Players out: Chris Gayle, Zahir Khan, George Worker, Amad Butt, Christopher Lamont, Shamar Springer, Ramaal Lewis, Steven Jacobs, Derval Green, Javelle Glen, Imran Khan, Xavier Marshall, Kennar Lewis, Jerome Taylor, Dwayne Smith, Jade Dernbach, Jermaine Blackwood, Liton Das, Trevon Griffith
- Final playing 11: Brathwaite, Phillips, Russell, Thomas, Edwards, Lamichhane, Shamsi, Powell, Permaul, McCarthy, Kirton
- CPL Odds: 6.50 >> Bet 1000 INR and win 6500 INR should Jamaica Tallawahs won the CPL 2020 League
Having undergone a massive overhaul of their squad from CPL 2019, it is hard to know what to expect from the Jamaica Tallawahs this time out. Captain Chris Gayle has gone, having hit their only century at last year's tournament, where they finished bottom with only two wins.
Carlos Brathwaite is an eye-catching addition to their ranks having moved on from St Kitts & Nevis Patriots. With Gayle gone, the captaincy has been taken over by Rovman Powell, who only played four games for the Jamaica Tallawahs last season.
Nepalese leg spinner Sandeep Lamichhane is another interesting signing for the Jamaica Tallawahs, who could rely heavily on spinners given they have also signed the South African left-arm Tabraiz Shamsi as well.
Oshane Thomas is one of only a handful of players to be back in action for the Jamaica Tallawahs, with the fast bowler has been their most lethal threat, taking nine wickets from his six games. Andre Russell is a player who could fire for the Jamaica Tallawahs, who welcome back Glenn Phillips, their top-scorer a year ago.
St Kitts Nevis Patriots (SKNP) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Fourth
- Key Players: Rassie van der Dussen, Rayad Emrit, Evin Lewis, Sheldon Cottrell
- Players in: Rassie van der Dussen, Chris Lynn, Ben Dunk, Ish Sodhi, Denesh Ramdin, Dennis Bulli, Sohail Tanvir, Joshua De Silva, Colin Archibald, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Sunny Sohal
- Players out: Carlos Brathwaite, Isuru Udana, Laurie Evans, Devon Thomas, Shamarh Brooks, Jeremiah Louis, Keron Cottoy, Akeem Jordan, Usama Mir, Aaron Jones, Mohammad Hafeez, Jason Mohammed, Kjorn Ottley
- Final playing 11: Emrit, van der Dussen, Cottrell, Lynn, Dunk, Sodhi, Ramdin, Tanvir, Lewis, De Silva, Bulli
- CPL Odds: 6.00 >> Bet 1000 INR and win 6000 INR if SKNP become CPL 2020 Winners
St Kitts Nevis Patriots were solidly mid-table a year ago so will be pushing hard for improved performance at CPL 2020. Last year's captain Carlos Brathwaite has been let go with Rayad Emrit taking over, while Rassie van der Dussen is back after he impressed for the St Kitts Nevis Patriots in the 2018 edition.
West Indies stars Evin Lewis and Sheldon Cottrell are among the key players for the St Kitts Nevis Patriots, who added Australian duo Chris Lynn and Ben Dunk among an impressive raft of arrivals such as Ish Sodhi and Denesh Ramdin. Finalists back in 2017, St Kitts Nevis Patriots have lost the power of Laurie Evans but Evin Lewis is a player who can be relied on to clear the ropes on a regular basis - he hit a team-high 22 sixes last year.
Sheldon Cottrell's iconic celebration is likely to be seen throughout the 2020 season - he took 12 wickets last year - with Emrit another big threat with the ball for the St Kitts Nevis Patriots.
St Lucia Zouks (SLZ) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Fifth
- Key Players: Darren Sammy, Rahkeem Cornwall, Rilee Rossouw, Chemar Holder
- Players in: Kimani Melius, Anrich Nortje, Mohammad Nabi, Chemar Holder, Mark Deyal, Noor Ahmad, Leniko Boucher, Javelle Glen, Saad Bin Zafar
- Players out: Lasith Malinga, Fawad Ahmed, Thisara Perera, Niroshan Dickwella, Roland Cato, Jeavor Royal, Andre McCarthy, Beuran Hendricks, Christopher Barnwell, Keddy Lesporis, Nitish Kumar, Krishmar Santokie, Colin de Grandhomme, Najibullah Zadran, Cameron Delport, Hardus Viljoen, Jahmar Hamilton
- Final playing 11: Sammy, Cornwall, Rossouw, Holder, Nortje, Nabi, Ingram, Boucher, Fletcher, Williams, Melius
- CPL Odds: 10.00 >> Bet 1000 INR and win 10,000 INR if the Zouks are crowned CPL 2020 Champions
St Lucia Zouks are the outsiders in the betting odds for this year's CPL, with the team not expected to be any better than in 2019, when they finished second-bottom after winning only three of their games in the group stage.
Captain Darren Sammy will hope to inspire new arrivals such as teenager Kimani Melius, who is considered a rising star in the game, while Colin Ingram is back, having been one of their best performers a year ago. Sammy will need to see a lot more from spinner Cornwall, who took a single wicket from his 17 overs at CPL 2019, although he was the team's top run-scorer with 254 at the tournament. Their only other player who cleared 200 in 2019 was Colin de Grandhomme, who will not be back this time.
Of their new signings, the most impact will be expected from Anrich Nortje, Mohammad Nabi and Chemar Holder but teenager Noor Ahmad could also make a splash with the ball.
Trinbago Knight Riders (TKR) - Caribbean Premier League 2020
- Last Year Result: Third
- Key Players: Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Sunil Narine, Darren Bravo, Colin Munro
- Players in: Pravin Tambe, Fawad Ahmed, Tim Seifert, Sikandar Raza
- Players out: Denesh Ramdin, Mohammad Hasnain, James Neesham, Seekkuge Prasanna, Mark Deyal, Chris Jordan
- Final playing 11: Seifert, Pollard, Bravo, Narine, Bravo, Ahmed, Munro,
- CPL Odds: 3.75 >> Bet 1000 INR and win 3,750 INR should TKR win CPL 2020 season
Trinbago Knight Riders only won four games last year but they have not changed their squad as much as most of their rivals. Perhaps the key bit of business they have completed ahead of the tournament is the signing of Australian leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed, who was one of the key players in their Championship winning team in 2018.
Colin Munro will also be returning after being named the Player of the Series on that occasion - he only managed one half-century last year though. Munro is one of a handful of exceptionally powerful players in the side, with Lendl Simmons and captain Kieron Pollard having 49 sixes between them last year.
Trinbago Knight Riders have signed up Pravin Tambe, with the 48-year-old spinner set to become the first Indian to play at the CPL. New Zealand wicketkeeper Tim Seifert is another smart addition and with two titles in the last three years, the Trinbago Knight Riders should be contenders again in 2020.
With the start of this year's Caribbean Premier League now approaching fast, cricket fans will be looking forward to the action getting underway. If you want to have a bet on the tournament or any of the matches taking place within the event, take advantage of our free cricket betting tips and offers from our selected CPL 2020 bookies. Whether you think the Barbados Tridents will come out on top, or if it will finally be the year for Guyana Amazon Warriors to celebrate after some near-misses, the CPL is one of the top cricket betting events on the annual calendar.
Our premium betting site for the CPL 2020 Season is 10CRIC. You can grab a 100% up to 10,000 INR Welcome bonus!
IPL 2020 – News Chronology
The IPL in the year 2020 is the 13th season of this league, which was originally scheduled to commence on 29th March 2020 with the opening match between last year champion Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings the runner-up team of last year.
Big Bash League - BBL 2020 Who will win?
The Big Bash League is one of the most exciting T20 cricket tournaments in the world. Our experts have pre-analysed the upcoming BBL 2020 season. Read on to see who we think can win the BBL 2020 trophy!