Esports, also known as Electronic sports, have been gaining popularity in the past 10 years. In this article, we will go into more detail about Esports' essence.
Best Esports Betting Sites in India
100% up to ₹42,900 on your 1st Deposit - Exclusive
- Best choice for Indian Betting
- Highest odds
- Fastest withdrawal and permanent promotions
100% bonus match to ₹26,000
- Weekly 75% bonus up to 20,000 INR
- Accepts Indian Rupees via UPI
- IPL cricket hosted
150% up to ₹30,000
- Payment methods such as UPI, IMPS , Paytm via Net Banking
- Great cricket odds for bettors
- Exclusive bonus for Indian players
100% Sports Welcome up to ₹30,000 + Free Bet
- Specially created for India Players
- Great variety of payment methods in Rupees
- High Cricket Odds
370% up to ₹44,000 Package
- Highly competitive odds
- UPI, AstroPay, Paytm, and PhonePe
- 40+ sports covered
500% Bonus Pack up to ₹75,000
- Amazing Welcome Bonus Package
- Native mobile apps for iOS and Android users
- UPI, IMPS, PaytM, Google Pay deposits
- Instant witdrawals
- Huge Betting Selection
- Direct UPI, Net Banking deposits in INR
₹4,000 Matched Free Bet
- Not Available in India
- We Recommend 1xBet Instead
Rewarding Loaylty Program
- Amazing sportsbook interface
- Cricket odds are one of the highest
- Ease of deposits with direct conversion of crypto
Most people mistake Esports with Virtual Sports – Esports are NOT Virtual Sports. Esports are online video games played by people. Video games have emerged since the late 70s of the last century with the appearance of gaming consoles. Later, PC games were developed very successfully in the 80s, and with the launch of the internet, people could compete against one another without being in the same room. You can literally be on the other side of the world in India for example, playing against a person in Alaska.
Esports betting started gaining huge popularity in certain markets such as North America, South Korea and Scandinavian countries such as Sweden. Betting on Esports is not very different from betting on normal sports, you just need to bet on your favorite to win. In this case to win in a game played online. In India, it is still considered as an unpopular type of sport but starting to gain momentum.
You might be surprised but there is a large variety of Esports betting types. Note that bet types also depend on the type of game on which the contestants are competing. There are first-person shooter games such as Counter-Strike, there are strategic games such as StarCraft and Dota 2 and there are also sports games (FIFA, NHL, NBA2K). As you can see a different type of game can be analyzed as a different sport and have different bet types. Let us go over some of the main bet types.
- Match Winner – a 2-3 way outcome bet, where you simply place a bet on who will win, or Draw was possible
- Total Kills – usually the games (except for the sports ones) are related to killing your enemies, so here you can place a bet on how much the Total Kills will be in the game. There are also bet types “First to 5 Kills” and “First to 10 Kills” for each player/team.
- Odds/Even Kills - just like in sports you can bet instead of on odds/even for point/runs/goals – in Esports the “points” are actually “kills”
On the Sports type of games (FIFA, NHL, NBA2K) you can practically player bets on similar bet types as on a real match – Match winner, total goals (soccer), total points (basketball), certain team total goals/points (soccer, basketball, and hockey).
We will review shortly with few words the most popular Esports betting games. There are around 12 games to bet on, but the most popular ones are listed below
The 2000’s PC classic Counter-Strike, any kid with a PC has had a chance to play this game. The first-person shooter game is highly popular among E-sports betting fans, There are two teams in a never-ending battle between Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists. The goal of the Terrorists is to plant bombs and take hostages, while the Counter-Terrorists need to defuse bombs and release hostages. There are several regional leagues for CSGO in Europe, Asia, and America. There is also a division for ESL Pro League and the Major Championships (Majors).
Popular Counter-Strike bet types
Obviously, it is a violent game and main bet types are related to the number of Kills:
- First to 5 Kills – the team that reaches first 5 Kills will be the winning one
- First to 10 Kills - the team that reaches first 10 Kills will be the winning one
Interesting bet types are the ones related to Maps – players choosing different Maps (locations) the game itself takes place:
- Winner Map 1 – the team that wins on a certain map is the winning one
- Winner Map 2 - – the team that wins on a certain map is the winning one
This is another first-person shooter multiplayer game, popular for betting. Each of the participating 2 teams consists of 6 players. The goal of each team is to secure and defend locations on different maps or take items from one place to another on the map for a limited amount of time. Interesting about the teams is that they are representing and located in different parts of the world: USA, UK, China, Canada, South Korea, and France.
Dota 2 Betting
Here comes one of the top 2 most popular betting games in Esports – Dota2. This massively popular online battler arena game has created its own niche of fans, which can only be compared to the last game in our list further below.
There are two teams, each of 5 players whose main goal is to destroy the base of the other team. It is a game of strategy with very interesting turn points. The most popular participating teams are from North America, Southeast Asia, China, and Europe. The biggest event for Dota2 is the worldwide Tournament called The International.
League of Legends (LoL) Betting
The giant in Esports betting, the most popular game for Esports fans created so far. The audience for this game’s events outnumbers even the Super Bowl – yes, that much!
It is like Dota 2 as a type of game – a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game – with two teams, each consisting of 5 players. Each player chooses a character (champion) to play as and develop his skills, all 5 players need to act as individuals and a team at the same time with the goal to destroy the other team's base, also known as “nexus”.
The popular LoL leagues include the North America Championship, Champions Korea and China’s Pro League. Of course, there is also an LoL World Championship, where all the best teams from around the world compete for the ultimate prize for any Esports player!